4/25/09

Giving a new show a shot: Young and the Restless

So, since I reported that Y&R was adding a gay character I decided to actually try to watch the show. Get a feel for it and all. I mean, it is the number one soap opera in a America, so it has to be pretty good.

Let me just say that in the past when I've attempted to watch Y&R I couldn't latch on to any of the stories. I was pretty lost most of the time, and of course that means I gave up. Not the case now.

The current story lines are interesting, fun, and easy to get into. Kevin in the insane asylum? Great, wacky stuff! The show is showing a good deal of creativity in that department. Kay finally reclaiming her identity? Very interesting, and a great way for me, as a newbie to get to know a good deal of the characters.

Then there is Amber. In the past I had caught a few scenes that she was in, and I wasn't impressed. She seemed like a softer Maxie from GH. Now though, after putting her in the Kevin storyline, I'm extremly impressed. It just shows that the right storyline can really make a character pop!

So, I'm going to continue to give Y&R a chance (I watch it while I write Fashion Victims now), I may also give another show a chance in the future. Try it out. Try watching a show you never thought of watching before. Give it a few episodes, maybe a week. Who knows, you may like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment