4/22/09

Fashion Victims Ep. 1.19

Layla rushed up to Kurt just as he was about to slip into the break room. She grabbed his arm and pulled him aside.
"You remember our little deal?" She was whispering in his ear.
"Yes." He pulled away from her. "How can I forget getting blackmailed?"
"Hey, if you weren't sneaking around, then I wouldn't be able to blackmail you." She crossed her arms and leaned back, looing him dead in the eyes. "Listen, I need you to do something for me."
"What?" He was obviously starting to get annoyed. "You're keeping me from my coffee."
"I want you to fire Jade." She spoke softly, but slowly.
"I can't." He pushed open the door to the break room.
She yanked him back into the hallway.
"Do you want your little secret to get out?" She realized she was squeezing his arm.
"Do you want the company to get slapped with a lawsuit?" He sighed. "You give me a reason to fire her, no matter how small, and I'll do it."
She smiled. This was going to be fun.
She turned and headed towards Barbi's office. Jade's desk sat right out front. With each step she took she tried to build up her confidence. She wasn't used to having all this power, and it was a rush to know that with one little nudge she could get rid of Jade.
"Where do you think you're going?" Jade stood up from behind her desk, blocking the entrance into Barbi's office.
"Kurt told me to grab a file for him." She tried to push past Jade, but got a hard pressed palm to her sternum. "Excuse me."
"What file? I'll get it." Jade pushed a little harder, trying to knock Layla off balance.
"The only thing you're going to get, Jade, is out of my way." Layla pushed past her, and reached out to grab the door handle. Before she could turn the knob Jade yanked her back.
"No one but Kurt is getting in that office, got it?" Jade was inches from her face now.
She was playing right into her plan.
"Don't you forget who I am bitch. Got it?" Layla pulled her arm free. Jade's grip was really tight. She was pretty sure there was going to be a bruise there later. Even better.
"Yeah, the little sister of a knife wielding psycho." Jade spoke softly so that only Layla could hear.
She couldn't respond. Had Jade really just said that about the woman she had claimed to idolize for the past year and a half? Obviously after the phone call Jade was up to something, but if they weren't going off before, the bells were going off now.
"Now, tell me what file, and I'll get it for..." Jade didn't get the chance to finish her sentence.
A loud crack filled the office as Layla's hand collided with Jade's cheek.
Neither woman spoke, but then Jade dove at Layla, sending them both onto the floor. It was a mad flurry of fists, palms and yanked out weaves.
Layla finally got on top, grabbing Jade's head, making sure they were looking eye to eye.
"Never talk about my sister that way again." She was about to slam Jade's head onto the hard wood floor when Kurt yanked her off of her sparing partner.
"My office. Now." He didn't look at her, but instead opened the door and pushed her inside. "Jade, get some ice for that eye, then go home. I'll talk to you tomorrow."
Layla watched through the open door as Jade got up, straightened her skirt, and wiped the blood from her nose.
Their eyes met for a moment, and Layla smiled. Then she mouthed the words "Watch your ass" just as Kurt slammed the office door shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment