4/23/09

Fashion Victims Ep. 1.20

"What the hell were you thinking?" Kurt handed Layla the ice pack for her knucles.

"You said do what I had to do so you could fire her. Now fire her." Layla didn't even look at him as she spoke. She was still riding the rush after the fight.

"You just made it so that I can't fire her Layla. I fire her now and then she talks to the press, and the whole world hears that not only is Barbi Starr stabbing her models, but her little sister is beating up the staff." He sat down behind the desk, turning his chair so he was looking out at the Chicago skyline. "I ment catch her screwing up a letter or making copies of her butt on the machine or something. Not... that."

Kurt jumped as the ice pack smashed against the giant picture window. He half expected the plate glass to shatter. Luckily, it didn't.

"You know our deal Kurt." Layla was screaming.

He turned quickly in his chair, looking her dead in the eyes. His jaw was grinding, and his head was killing him.

"My responsibility is not to keep you happy sweetheart, it's to keep this company afloat." He stood slowly, placing both hands on the desk and leaning forward. "I will not let some personal little vendetta you have for Jade ruin this place."

"You know the consiquence of me not being happy, right?" Her voice was flat, low.

"I'll take my chances. Now get the hell out of here." He sat back down. "And keep icing that hand. You have a shoot tomorrow, and I don't want to be sending in one of our top girls looking like she just went three rounds with Mike Tyson."

He smiled and motioned towards the door.

She didn't move.

"Layla, I have a lot to..." He jumped when she slammed her hand down on the desk.

"You listen to me you closet case, you do what I want, or I will ruin you." She was growling now. "That's a promise."

On that note she turned and stormed out of the office, slamming the door behind her.

Kurt was shocked. Layla had always been such a sweet girl, but now... now she was turning into a true model. A bitch. He didn't know if he should be proud, or scared. At the moment he was a little of both.

He leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes. When had things gotten so crazy? Well, he obviously knew when, but he had never imagined that it would have escalated to this.

He didn't have time to think further. His phone started going off, and obviously Jade wasn't there to answer. He picked up, shook off the jitters, and went right back to playing boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment