4/9/09

Fashion Victims Ep. 1.10

"I didn't send that!" Barbi slammed her fists down on to Rick's desk.
"The proof says otherwise." Rick held up a smell evidence bag with Eve's phone in it. "Can't deny the proof."
Her mind was racing. How could that text have gotten there? Had she sent it while she was blacked out? Then something hit her.
"Someone cloned my cellphone." She stood up straight and crossed her arms over her chest, confident that she had just blown Rick's proof. "It happens all the time."
Rick sighed, rubbing his temples. She almost felt bad for him. He had thought that he was so close to closing this case, and in record time, but then she had to go on and dash his hopes and dreams.
"We did think of that. Then..." He pulled a disk out of the top drawer of his desk. "We saw this."
He popped the disk into the computer. The image that came up was the lobby of the Dollhouse offices. It was empty at first, and then someone walked through the front door.
Barbi's jaw hit the floor. She was there that night? Obviously she was more mobile during her black outs than she thought. If only Kurt had been home. He would have stopped her. He would have told her to go back to bed something. No, he had to pick that night to go out and get wasted.
"Kurt, I didn't do this. That can't be me." Barbi could hear how shakey her voice had become. "I'm a bitch, sure, but I'm not a killer."
"You'd be surprised who's capable of murder Barbi." He leaned forward. "You're in a high pressure job. You get to watch younger women get famous while you're stuck behind a desk. Maybe you just snapped, and took it all out on poor Eve." His voice was soft, almost mocking.
Not only did he just accuse her of murder, he also called her old and washed up. The rage was building, and quickly. Rick had it out for her ever since she married his little brother. She was the big bad bitch who stole Kurt away from his family. At least, that's how Rick saw her. Now Rick had the chance to punish her, make her pay.
"Listen here you washed up, balding, sorry excuse for a cop. I did not kill Eve. I wasn't even at the office that night, and I know what your 'proof' says, but that isn't me." She jammed her finger towards the paused image on the computer screen.
"I would say prove it, but you're going to have hard time doing that." He stood up, a huge smile on his face.
"What the hell do you mean by that." Then she saw the handcuffs in his right hand.
She got up, looked him right in the eyes, and spat in his face. Then she held out her wrists, and waited for the metal to click.
"I always knew you were poison Barbi." He leaned in close, whispering into her ear.
"And I always knew you were a dumb ass." She didn't bother whispering.
"Barbi Starr, I am placing you under arrest." He turned her around towards the door of the office. "Have fun in lock up."
"With my lawyers? I'll be out before they can close the door." She laughed as he walked her towards the holding cells.
Even with her whole world crashing around her Barbi could not let anyone see how terrified she was. She was innocent, and she was going to have to find a way to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment