5/1/09

What GH could be...

So I took a little break from General Hospital, but yesterday I decided to start watching again. I mean, Holly was coming back, and Spinelli and Maxi looked like they might possibly be getting together soon. So, I tuned in, and to my surprise, found the show completely different!

It was nice to see at least one episode of GH that didn't have to do with the mob. Nope... instead we were dealing with romantic relationships (and a little shock as I watched Elizabeth and Nicholas make out not once, but twice), and a good old paternity storyline between Ethan and Luke, and Maxi and Spinelli trying to get back together, and... Well, storylines that had nothing to do with the "organization", "mob" and or "business". Yes, Jason was there, but him I don't mind. I realized yesterday what was keeping me from fully enjoying GH for the longest time.

The answer... Sonny.

Sonny isn't a bad character, and Maurice Bernard isn't a bad actor. No, the problem is that there is no way for Sonny to have a "light" moment. He is constantly serious and depressing. There is no soapy goodness when he is conscerned because a part of what makes soap stories so fun is the camp value. The over the top nature. His stories are played with a completely straight face, and to be honest... it was getting old real fast.

So, today showed me what GH could be. I doubt it will stay that way, but... heres hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment