7/27/09

Bits and Pieces

Hey guys, so I apologize for not having much up right now as far as personal posts go. Life on this end has been pretty hectic.

Anywho, I think I need to explain something about Spirit Lake. Due to work and all that fun stuff I really haven't had time to write and plot out a new series. Well, luckily I had the first nine weeks of Spirit Lake already written! If there are any flow problems blame it on the fact that each week was written as a complete piece, and I've been breaking them down into five episodes. Hence how uneven some episodes are in length.

Please stick with it. It's a little slow going now, but it does pick up speed soon. Although I do have to warn ya'll, it gets messy. Very messy.

On a soaps level, I have officially given up on General Hospital. The show has nothing going on that interests me. Every time I hear about a plot that may be good, it is then followed by either talking about Claudia and Sonny or Rebecca. I'm sorry, but those characters need to go bye bye.

One Life to Live is back to its normal fun self, and it is nice to see Vicki and Charlie get some screen time. A lot of the newer stories are amping up to be real winners, and guess what, they aren't all depressing! The Crayfish (Cristian/Layla/Kyle/Fish) storyline is interesting, and I love that it is giving Roxy even more scenes, and Matthew's battle with his parents over his surgery, and the nice light relationship between Rachel and Shaun is a good change of pace from where the show was a few months ago.

Young and the Restless is great. The stories are twisted and fun, but the characters are still human. I do have some issues with Phillip Chancelor the III. Seriously? That's why you faked your own death and put your family through hell? And they had to rewrite a whole lot of history to make that plot twist work. I guess once everyone gets over the whole "you faked your death because you thought we would disown you because you're gay" thing, and they hook him up with Rafe (who is still recovering from getting dumped by Adam) then it might pick up.

All My Children is... All My Children. The show has reached a level of high camp drama that cannot be properly described. It has a great mix of humor thrown in there, but the drama is always on high. And I swear, I think Kendall may have actually made a completely unselfish choice... and then Zach went and screwed it up.

As for the rest of soaps? Well, Summer stories are at their peaks, and will probably begin to wind down soon, but I recommend picking up a show before the summer ends. Relax, clear your mind, and escape for a little while into a world where no one pays bills, but everyone has either a)shot someone b)stolen a baby or c)been addicted to something (cough syrup anyone? Loving fans?).

No comments:

Post a Comment