6/19/09

Fashion Victims Ep. 1.56

Derrick walked quickly to the office in the back of the police building. He didn't bother knocking, but instead peaked his head inside. Sitting behind the desk was officer Rick Hart. The man he had been looking for.

"Rick?" Derrick spoke softly. He wasn't in the mood to scare a guy with a gun. "I'm Derrick. We talked on the phone?"

Rick just nodded, and motioned towards the seat across the desk.

"How can I help you Derrick?" Rick sat up straight, resting his elbows on the desk.

"I... I don't know if this will help any, but..." He took a breath. That sense of fear had yet to leave him from the night before. "You know Layla Starr, right?"

"Of course. She's my sister-in-law. Nice girl." Rick smiled, obviously trying to calm Derrick down.

It wasn't working.

"Not so much anymore." Derrick adjusted himself in the chair. He just couldn't get comfortable. "Sir, there is really something wrong with her."

Derrick filled Rick on what had happened the night before in the studio. How cruel she had been, the threats she had made. He even brought up the looks she had given him. Rick just sat there, listening carefuly, or at least making the effort to appear to be listening.

"So why bring this to me? Why not talk to Barbi about it?" Rick leaned back in his chair, his hands resting on his lap.

"I think... I think she may be the one responsible for the murders, and the attack on Kurt." Derrick couldn't believe he was saying those words.

"Do you have any other evidence?" Rick's jaw tightened.

"Well, did you know she was sleeping with Eve? The night Eve was murdered she was supposed to be going out to dinner with me, and Layla knew about it." Derrick didn't break eye contact with Rick. "I had heard them arguing that day. It was during a shoot. They were in the dressing room screaming at each other. Well, Layla was screaming. Eve just brushed her off."

"I wasn't aware." Rick honestly appeared shocked at what Derrick had told him. "I'll look into it Derrick."

"Please, she's lost it. You need to do something." Derrick stood. "I don't think she's done either."

"What do you mean by that?" Rick sat up, his posture becoming rigid.

"It was the way she looked at me. I told you that. When she was talking about possibly firing me. When she was saying she was going to get rid of me, it didn't really feel like she was just talking about my job."

"My advice then, Derrick, is to avoid being alone at all costs." Rick nodded. "If anything else happens, contact me, and I'll have an officer at your house in two seconds."

"Thank you." Derrick nodded, then reached out his hand.

Rick took it, and that was it. There was nothing else that could be done.

A growing sense of dread began to overtake Derrick, and he wasn't the least surprised that his first instinct was to call Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment